Northstar Conference Call for Presentation Proposals
The Northstar Conference Planning Committee is seeking proposals for presentations of 20, 30 or 60 minutes by individuals with appropriate academic credentials and/or recognized professional expertise related to the study or field of gun violence prevention that:
1. Present data-driven and evidence-based research or information about gun violence and its prevention.
2. Relate to one or more of three general subject blocks:
- health care, mental health, suicide prevention
- domestic violence, criminal justice, policy and legislation
- socioeconomic factors, disparities, urban gun violence
3. Have clearly-defined educational objectives.
4. Are culturally sensitive and take into account the diverse backgrounds and outlooks of those in attendance.
The Planning Committee is particularly seeking presentations that address the following topics:
- racial and ethnic disparities
- adverse childhood experiences
- suicide risk factors and prevention among veterans, seniors, youth, and the LGBT community
- domestic violence risk assessment and prevention
- opioid addiction and gun violence
- the effects of mass incarceration on gun violence
- gun violence in the media
- successful community policing strategies
- effective legislation, public policy, and legal practices
Proposals may be submitted anytime until August 15, 2017, and will be evaluated on a rolling basis as they are received. Click HERE to download the presentation proposal form. Please fill it out and email it to: [email protected]
If you have questions, call Rev. Nancy Nord Bence, Executive Director of Protect Minnesota, at 763-639-5941.