Doctors for America + Protect Minnesota Webinar on COVID-19 and Gun Violence
May 7, 2020
7:00PM - 8:15PM Central
On Thursday, May 7th at 7PM, Protect Minnesota will be co-hosting an interactive webinar for health care professionals with Doctors for America (DFA) on how COVID-19 and gun violence are overlapping in Minnesota, and how you can respond to help keep us all safer during this trying time.
Suggested Pre-reading/Resources for Minnesota COVID-19 & Gun Violence Prevention Overlap and Advocacy Actions
Disproportionately affected communities:
- Webinar Links - 2 minute promo & full discussion
- Blog – Philadelphia We Have a Problem
- CSGV COVID-19 Overview
- From Amnesty International: the intersection of COVID-19 and gun violence.
- Mitigating suicide risk during a pandemic
- From Gifford’s Center
- Domestic Violence: Brady Org Blog
- Minnesota Red Flag Law
Spike in purchasing:
- Surge Gun Permit Applications in MN
- Tweet a pre-written message. Clicking will take you directly to your Twitter app.
- Send a pre-written email urging your state leaders to educate the public about the dangers of panic-buying guns.