About The Concert Across America
- On Sunday, September 25, 2016, Protect Minnesota will join independent gun violence prevention organizations in every state sponsoring The Concert Across America to End Gun Violence.
- September 25th has been designated by congress as the Day of Remembrance of Murder Victims. This date was chosen to remind our elected officials of the 12,000 Americans who are murdered by a firearm each year, and the other 20,000 who die from gun suicides and accidental shootings.
- The family-friendly Minnesota event will include performances by three popular regional bands—The R Factor, New Sound Underground, and JD Steele—performing a wide range of popular dance music between 4-7pm.
- Three Community choirs directed by JD Steele, The Capri Glee Club, Mills City Emanuel House Choir, and the MacPhail Youth Choir, will perform from 3-4pm. Church and community choirs and individual singers are invited to sing along during this time.
- Between sets, Protect Minnesota will award the Orange Badge of Courage to Senator Ron Latz and Rep. Dan Schoen for championing universal background checks in the state legislature and recognize other key leaders and organizational partners in the fight against gun violence. There will also be children’s activities, voter registration, and information tables from sponsoring groups.
- Attendees will be have an opportunity to learn more about gun violence and how it can be prevented, but there will be no campaign-related political organizing sponsored by Protect Minnesota.
- Tickets are $15 each; kids and students get in FREE. Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.protectmn.org. Individuals and groups are encouraged to promote the Concert and help sell tickets.
- Individual Sponsorships are $100. That includes two tickets and listing in the event program. $55 of each Individual Sponsorship is tax deductible. Individual sponsors can also choose to give more than $100.
- Organizations may sponsor the event for $250 (includes 5 tickets and listing in the event program; $175 of the sponsorship is tax deductible) and $500 (includes 10 tickets, listing in the event program, and exhibit space at the event; $350 of the sponsorship is tax deductible.)
- Food and beverages will be available from D’Amico & Sons Catering for purchase. Free parking in the International Market Square lots.
To download sponsorship forms, letters, flyers
and other resources, click HERE.