Gun injuries and deaths are preventable
Read the resolution and then submit your information here to show your support.Or click here to download a printer-friendly version of the resolution.
Because: All Minnesotans adults, children and teenagers -- have the right to be safe at home, at school, and in their communities,
Because: Those who own or sell guns have a responsibility to make them inaccessible to those who would not or cannot use them responsibly,
Because: Loopholes in current Minnesota laws have made it too easy for prohibited buyers, including teens, to illegally obtain handguns on the street, through ads in the newspaper or on the Internet, and at gun shows from unlicensed sellers.
We, as organizations and individuals, support:
- EDUCATION ON PREVENTION OF GUN INJURIES AND DEATHS
- Promoting measures that Minnesotans can take to stop gun injuries and deaths, especially among children and teenagers;
- Encouraging Minnesotans, especially households with children, to store firearms safely.
- WORK TO PREVENT ILLEGAL ACCESS TO GUNS
- Requiring background checks for all gun sales and transfers.
- Identifying the sources of crime guns and stopping the illegal trafficking of guns in our communities.